Sunday, November 30, 2008

Turkey is done and Christmas is next!

It's been a while since I've posted anything here so I going to write about a few things I've been doing lately.



I cooked my turkey earlier this week, ate a bunch of it and then cut up the rest of it for freezing. I ended up with 6 quart size bags that I mixed light and dark meat in. I will use them for my rice cooker dishes and soup. I also boiled the carcass yesterday and made stock. I ended up with a bunch of bags I put in the freezer for the same use. I'm not going to have to buy chicken for a long time!







I decorated for Christmas around the house and bought a nice Norfolk Island Pine plant that had some pretty little ribbons on it. I had one before and obsiously I didn't take care of it right because it only lasted about a year or so. I'm reading up on it this time and hopefully it will last longer. Notice the large stocking? I got that last year with my gifts inside.














This is my stuffed rottweiler dressed as a reindeer.














Some candle holders set in a decorative fashion. Notice Santa is here.











I had to go outside to get this picture. Not much order to these lights but at least they flash and look festive!



So that's what I've been up to lately. And guess what? I'm actually in a holiday mood now. How about you?



blog comments powered by Disqus