Friday, October 24, 2008

Today I baked a cake!


Recently I bought a Rice Cooker and wanted to try out a Carrot Cake recipe with it. Well let me tell you, it didn't work! The cooker I bought only has 2 settings, cook and then it switches automatically to warm when it thinks it's done. For some reason it thought it was done cooking after only a minute. Ha! So I ended up firing up the oven and after pouring into a cake pan I cooked it there. It turned out great and very tasty. But now I have additional pans to clean! Oh well, live and learn.

It's really nice outside, a little chilly but the sun is shining and looks to be a very nice day. I'm adding a picture of on of my Fall mums, they are so pretty right now.

3 comments:

MB Moellenhoff said...

Hey, very cool RL! Welcome to the world of blogging! Too bad about the carrot cake!

Marvin said...

So sorry about the extra dirty dishes, but at least having to crank up the oven wasn't so bad since our temperatures have fallen a bit.

Welcome to blogging!

Marvin @ Nature in the Ozarks

Rottlady of the Ozarks said...

Thanks to both of you! I didn't even know was a place for comments...LOL But I'll learn I'm sure.