Saturday, February 13, 2010

Lake of the Ozarks in the 70's at Shorecrest Resort

I had the pleasure of meeting some fellows online that had been to the Lake of the Ozarks in the late 60's and 70's. What's amazing about the whole thing is that they knew each other from visiting/living at the same resort that my Dad had owned almost 20 years earlier! We all met up on a previous post I did back in Jan 2009 called Living on the Lake of the Ozarks in the '50's.

It turns out that Jon's parents bought the resort in the late 60's and operated it for almost 10 years and Mike's folks had visited the resort in the early 70's. What a coincidence! And to think they found each other almost 40 years later right here on my blog!



It's been very interesting reading about their experiences and the fun they had on the lake as young men. One thing that is so cool about it is that Mike, one of the fellows has a lot of pictures that were taken while they were there and he has been nice enough to send them to me to post here as a follow up to my original article.



What he sent me are some really cool old photos that I have cleaned up just a bit to make them not look so aged. I have the titles and don't know much more than that, but I'm hoping Mike will come and help explain anything we may have questions about. So without further ado, here are Mike's pictures!


Enjoy!

This one is called "Older Cabin from the Lake"

This one is "View from the Lake"


This is the "Shorecrest Resort Dock"



"A view of the cliffs from the Lake"

"Skiing on the Lake"



"Mike's stringer of fish on the dock"

"'72 Cobalt from the dock"

"Airplane at the dock"














You can check out more pictures on Jon's blog, Shorecrest Resort & Lake of the Ozarks in the 60's and 70's.

I want to thank both Mike and Jon for commenting on my blog in the beginning and making this post possible by including me in loop of recalling old memories.
blog comments powered by Disqus